It is a 4.8 Volt 400mAh Ni-Cad Battery. It is used in both the LIL TOM and the LIL TOM SC. Charging is identical in both.
Charging The NiCad Battery
Remove your battery from its storage compartment in the bottom of the LIL' TOM. It is stored there, unplugged and with the start switch turned off. The Start switch should always be off, unless you are on a run.
- Plug Your USB charger into a power source
- Connect your Battery to the charger, the led light will turn on Red.
- The Red charging light will slowly diminish until it goes out, indicating that it is fully charged.
- Charge times are ( 2.5 - 3 hrs.) Do not leave on the charger overnight. Battery should be unplugged from the charger after a Maximum of 4 hrs.
- Unplug the battery from the charger, and unplug the USB charger from the power source.
- Install the Battery into the LIL' MAX. Put your battery cover back on. Make sure that the On/Off button is off, until you are ready for a run.
- It is normal for the battery to get warm during the charging process. Do not charge the battery on a surface that is flammable or can be damaged by heat.
- Do not leave the battery and charger unattended while charging.
- Do not store the battery plugged into the charger