This Battery needs to be installed inside the RADICAL. Soldering is required.
Your LiteHawk RADICAL comes with a LiPo battery which is inside the model. The rechargeable Li-Po battery provides the power to propel your model at high speeds. You should expect 5-8 min run time. However you do need to make sure to properly maintain your Li-Po Battery.
- Li-Po batteries don’t like to be run down too low. If the voltage is dropped dramatically they will be damaged and will not recharge! Once the model starts to slow, drive your model to a safe place, walk over and turn it off.
- It is recommend to charge the battery after your run and to always store the battery with a charge. Never discharge or dead short a Li-Po battery!
Always have your model turned off when not in use. Make sure the switch is turned OFF.
1/ Plug the USB into your computer, TV, or USB charger. The LED light on the USB will turn RED.
2/ Plug the other end of the cable into your Litehawk RADICAL battery port located at the rear of the model. Do not force the plug, it only goes in one way. The model must have the power switch in the OFF position. The LED light on the USB will turn OFF.
3/ Charge time can take up to 60 minute (shorter if charging for the first time). Once charged the LED light on the USB will turn back to solid RED.
4/ After a flight, your battery will be hot from the work of discharging under a load. Before plugging your battery in to charge, let it cool off for ten minutes. This will help keep your battery in good shape. Charging a hot Li-po battery can damage them.
Tip: If storing for more than 24 hours it is best to store with a fully charged battery. Failure to do so can damage the battery pack and shorten its useful life.
- It is normal for the battery to get warm during the charging process. Do not charge the battery on a surface that is flammable or can be damaged by heat.
- Do not leave the battery and charger unattended while charging.
- After charging, unplug charger from model.
- Do not store the model plugged into the charger.
Battery comes with the wires presoldered for easy application to the ESC. with a little heat from a soldering gun.